Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Lewmar Pro 1000,photo update/Hfx Hbr Marina





Scott went to West Marine and got the necessary items, while I removed the old windlass, and cleat from the deck. All my work had to be undone, well after two hours, the old was off and the deck ready to receive the new.80 ft of 5/16 chain, will be added from the anchor to the rope which was professionally spliced to the new chain.
What a time getting some of the old shackles off, lots of brute strength, and WD40
Several mounting issues came to light, the new one is a lot lower, so it has to be raised from the deck, so it will work properly. After much consultation and a friend of Mike(windlass installer), they have managed a plan to raise the windlass at the same level as the anchor pulpit, this will require, that a frame be built to accommodate the windlass, and a new deck hole for the chain to drop straight down, the old one is now obsolete.
I will take photo when the job is done. This will delay us further, what the heck, we are in Florida, and its warm and sunny..

5 comments:

  1. Scottie & Lane,
    Into every beautiful year, month, and day a little rain must fall--HaHa. Glad to see that is fixed, and you are in Datona.

    M/W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scottie,
    Are you in the Datona Municipal Marina ? I believe it is the best there for value. Good luck on your repairs.

    M/W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Buddy,, Looks nice and shiney?? Glad to see you are in the warm weather and lets hope things run a little smoother for the rest of your venture.

    Donnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hon (and Lane) - I am at the DYC reading your blog. Jim Brown told me the news about the anchor fiasco. Can't wait to here the cost of that! But once done, it will be one more thing that you don't have to worry about, right? Can't believe that you will be home within 3-4 weeks. Miss you and can't wait to see you. love me (and Chico)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys,glad to hear all is well now. Scott I tried to reach you with the no. you gave me, Jimmie tried to reach you too. I even tried to get you with Lane's no. that Tina gave me. You will have to be in touch with Jimmie, I was talking to Ray, his father, and he said Jimmie is expecting you, Love Mom

    ReplyDelete