Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Will I ever get a break

The weather projections for Sat. were good. Wind guru, Passage maker, and NOAA all said to go. Winds 7-10 k sea's 2ft or less out on the ESE perfect. Up and gone in the morning . well 10 miles out the winds started to pick-up, 15 miles out the sea's started to pick-up and 20 miles out the sea's were SW at 5-6 ft on the beam. To late to turn back I buried the bow twice and had to change course. Not knowing were I was going to end up I just went with the sea's.
Ending up in fort Lauderdale 20 miles from Miami. Tired and sore I found the Harbour town Marina and checked in for the night. another $97.00 dollars. O well, a good nights sleep was needed..
Off to customs in the morning checked in and were out of there in 5 minuets. Over to get a cruising permit but they only do that Monday to Friday 8-4. So I asked the officer if I could continue on to Miami and get the permit on Monday, well I guess I misunderstand her reply. {yes} she said and I asked do you no here the office is in Miami and her reply was no I don't go to Miami. Well what part of yes I did not understand I don't no. But Yes is yes and now I am in Miami and can't get a cruising permit, can't get an answer on how to get one, my 48 hours has expired and I am anchored in Miami harbour.No one can tell me anything, do I have to go back to Fort Lauderdale, I can't take the boat that's cruising after 48 hours I have already run out of time.
So at 8 am I will call the office again, After 22 call's and messages so far I have no answers. If have to rent a car and drive back to Fort Lauderda tomorrow I will.
I guess maybe I should have not have bother, now they have all my info, its to late.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my!!!!!!
    Hang in there, you are getting close.
    With all this cost you will have to get a table at the market, sell your wares, etc.etc, haha.
    Talked to your Mom last night, she is happy, one son home and the other on the way.
    Take care,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there...Boating in Canada does not seem that bad after all, maybe Ontario lakes would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What now and where are you? Did you get everything straighten out or are you still in a muddle. Phone me or email me. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete