Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Slow Going

Well we have finally been able to leave Somes Sound for Booth Bay had a good day, got hit by one larger roller but that was it. The winds were 10-15k out of the SSW and sea running at 2-3 feet SSW. Tide running from the SSW and us heading SSW. Not a good day on fuel. Well although Maine in a pretty state I will not be sailing this way again. {Yes I owe you a dollar} Maine is more expensive then the Caribbean. A marina is between 3 to 4 dollars per ft whereas most places I have stayed in the Caribbean were under 2 dollars per ft. A mooring ball is 35.00 per night. Look’s like we will be stuck here for 2 more days high seas and 25k winds. However we still hope to be in Cape Cod by Friday evening. I forget to tell you about pulling the anchor in Somes Sound. Will at 6 am Lane goes to pull the anchor places the rode around the windlass pushes the botten and nothining. I run down to chech the fuse is ok Lane tries it again and again nothing. So we start pulling by hand. Will let me tell you pulling a 60lbs bruce by hand is no easy task. After we got the anchor put away Lane tried the windlass botton again and it worked. We tried it again and again threw out the day and it worked. I guess it like me we both don't work well at 6am. The gremlins are back.
So the world knows I am down to one smoke a hour, tomorrow going to two hours wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Scott&Lane,
    How many miles a day do you think you will make on your way to Cape Cod?
    Good sailing and keep up the blogg.
    Wayne/Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scotty you need a secretary. Sounds like you two are having fun,good luck with your quitting smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you guys, we think of you both very often, missing you around the club for sure! Let us know when you not in the US, would love to catch up with you down there. I know a great place Ken and I could stay in St Maarten SOOO when you in that neighbour - I'll be there.. The Azure is a great spot in Simpsons Bay...Ken scored a new "Chopper" - check out my facebook page - Debra Hawkins.
    Later guys
    take good care.

    ReplyDelete