Saturday, April 30, 2011

April was not kind


Well this was a bad month, what could go wrong did. It started out with the generator the water pump failed parts ordered and $287.00 later up and running again. Then the battery charger went. Contacted a local electrician who recommended that I replace the charger  with a new Inverter/charger combination 100amp charger with installation cost $2200.00. Then two days later my outboard gave up working Kendall, and Owen tried to replace the water pump but the shaft is seased in the engine and will not come out. So a search began for a replacement $250.00. If that was not enough the batteries failed had to order new ones a D8 and D4 thank god for Owen because I could not lift them. cost $350.00 and then the next morning the computer failed and had to be sent for repairs. another $100.00. Everything is working well now but I may have to ask everyone to send money for my airline ticket back home. Will be leaving Marathon on the 12th for south gulf cove will try to keep you undated. Despite the problems have not had a day of rain in two months and it remains in the mid 80's every day.Donnie arrives tomorrow for 10 day's looking forward to a good time. Wait until the southerns get to hear a real accent.

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is OUCH! Hope all the bad stuff is now behind you ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scottie:

    A very big "ouch" ,I know how you feel I have to replace 4 eight volt batteries this spring to the tune of $433.80 each. So don't buy any silver bullets you are not alone. Well thats boating---HaHa
    See you soon.

    Mary/Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Buddy, I hope that will be it for unexpected expenses for several years. Its not always simple when you live full time on a boat.
    On a happier note, I am happy that you are ok, and that the weather is great, water must be way down in the canals and lakes!!!! I wonder how far down the water to the Lock to South Gulf Coast is? That Channel is shallow at the best of time.
    take care

    ReplyDelete