Thursday, March 20, 2014

Narsh Harbour

Yes the never ending fuel injector problem, I went to tighten the two bolts that hold the injector housing when snap. It broke fuel leaking everywhere. Well it just happens that there is a old Perkins mechanic who born and raised outside the Perkins factory in England. He new every model and type of perkins ever built. he showed up with the new stud and gasket in hand and had the problem that I caused fixed in no time. After getting everything running he discovered that it not the injector that was leaking in the first place it was a fuel line above the injector. All in All my first few days in Marsh Harbour 4hr labour $324.00 Old sam is here at the same time so i ttook advantage of Don labour. He had to lift the generator to repair the bolts again , yes it was repaired in Marathon but it had to be redone. As a added bonus, I managed to get the shutdown solenoid working after three different machanics working on it over the past two years I added two washers and boom it worked well after all the moneyspent on repairs to Esperanza over the past three years I have decided to stay put for awail. Managos is a nice marina with all the services and at .40per ft long term I think it will be our new home for awhile. will take some pictures when I get my camera working.

1 comment: