Saturday, January 29, 2011

Headless

Well as most have read in past entries I do not have much luck with marine heads and this week was no different.
Unfortunately the only way you find out the toilet is not working is after you use it. Well the forward head stopped  working this week. So it begins. With one more usage the aft. head clogged as well. Now we are a boat without a operating head. Well I started with the forward head having to remove the motor and pump, the motor was not working. I had to order a new one it will not be in for two day. While waiting for the new motor Jim and I disassemble the old one and spend several hours working on it. Finally getting it working I quickly ran back to the boat to reinstall before cancelling the new one. And it worked first head back in operation. Despite two days of plunging I could not get the aft head unclogged so out it comes. In the back of the truck to Jim's again he thinks its repairable so I will have to advise you on Monday after a visit to a local welder.Well that was not the end of it after cleaning all the shit etc from both heads the back bilge pump failed and had to be removed up to my elbows again in you no what. some days life can not be fun on the water.

2 comments:

  1. Scottie:

    You have just reafirmed that a mechanical head no matter what is better than all of the electric heads made!!!!! HaHa. Glad to hear from you yesterday.

    Mary&Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shitty deal...lol, Chere..xo

    ReplyDelete