Saturday, February 12, 2011

TRIP TO HEAVEN WAS HELL

Good morning everyone!  I am finally here with my honey but it was not easy.  Who knew what hell to pay for the pleasure of Scott's company??  First my flight was cancelled on Thursday - but had to spend 8 hours at the airport in order to get something arranged to get out on another flight the next day.  Note to self:  NEVER USE US AIRWAYS when travelling by air!!  Then had to get up at 4:00 a.m. on Friday  to be at the airport for 5:30 a.m..  IThank you Doug!)  The flight was delayed again , but finally off the ground two hours later.  However, for this flight I had to make two connections - one in Phillie and one in Charlotte, NC before getting to my final destination.  Due to the late departure it did not look good to catch my connection in Phillie.  But made it by a hair - the Phillie airport looked really nice with lots of shopping - but alas, it was not to be.  I had to shuttle to another terminal and run the length of it to make my connection - but I did it.  It was not pretty, but there you go.  Made my last connection without too much stress.  Arrived in Fort Myers at 4:30 pm (13 hours - including the time change - from when I awoke in the morning.  I could have driven to Florida in two days for heaven sakes!  Any way, had a funny feeling when I got to FM.  And my feelings were correct.  Apparently my luggage decided it had had enough and stayed in Phillie!!!  Can you believe it?  So there you have it.  But my stray luggage did catch up with me late last night - delivered to Scott's cousin's.  Bittersweet - I was kind of looking forward to having to go shopping and replace all my stuff!!  Woke up this morning to a beautiful sunny day.  So it was worth it in the end.  Oh yeah - it was great to see Scott too.  We shall enjoy the day and make up for lost time (wink wink).  Will keep you posted on our adventures. Cheers, Carol

3 comments:

  1. Scottie & Carol;
    We are glad to hear that all is well that ends well!!! Have a happy "Valentines Day" on Monday, and a great vacation cruise.

    Mary/Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy V day from Trawler Blogs as well. Sorry to hear about your US Air problems. I've never flown them, and never really plan to.

    Keep up the great blog posts. We're enjoying reading your blog at Trawler Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, sorry that you had such a shit trip, hopefully ours will be much better??
    Tomorrow we will be in Florida, and hope to enjoy 5 weeks of warmth and sunshine

    ta ta for now

    Lane and Tina

    ReplyDelete