Monday, December 17, 2012

Perfect day Tomorrow for everyone else

Well, we all planned to leave tomorrow under perfect conditions, but Esperanza just does not want to make the trip. After securing everything, loading the dingy on the front deck for the crossing and repairs (another long story), I decided to have one last check in the engine room, and noticed the salt crystalization on the heat exchanger was back so I tried to see if the bolts were loose. With less than a quarter turn the first bolt broke off - now I have water spraying all over the engine room. I turned off the engine and then called my new best friends at Tow Boat US.!! They will be towing us into a new Boat Yard: Cable Marine (we are doing a market study of all local Boat Yards) at 9:00 AM tomorrow!

So, for the last two days we have been on Esperanza, anchored in Lake Sylvia, Fort Lauderdale, with no dingy, no engine, but still smiling and floating. Thank God for Ruth's sense of humor - I would be crying now but she keeps me smiling and laughing despite all the adversities.

Visiting our Buddy Boat: Time & Tide Sunday night. Gary & Christella are from Trenton, Ontario. Gary was kind enough to come get us in his dingy/water taxi. :)

This was what we passed coming down the waterway on Saturday - thank God our steering and bow thruster were working. If you look to right in picture, you can see the port side of another yacht that was tied to dock - very narrow passage!!

2 comments:

  1. If you get pass all these problems and you are both smiling then you have something good going on, so stick with it. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bro. I would like to extend my Birthday, Christmas and oh what the heck New Years Best wishes to you! Good luck with the boat!
    D

    ReplyDelete