Friday, December 14, 2012

When it rains in Florida

Yes sometimes it rains in Florida heavy rain off and on for most of the day. But mine started at 9am when Ed Ruff arrived with my bow thruster motor. I was in the engine room looking at another potential problem when Ruth yelled to me. Crawling out i was presented with a bill for 1057.00 my face dropped to the engine room floor. The motor was completely rebuilt but my god what a price.
At 3PM we went up to the office to pay for three days at the yard and one hour of service total $500.00 now I am just waiting for my generator pump  to arrive and we can leave tomorrow. We decide to go and get some more supplies before leaving. When we returned my pump was waiting - you won't believe this $288.00 for a pump that you can hold in a child's hand.
So when I say it rains in Florida it pours!!!
On the bright side the bow thruster and steering are all working.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Buddy,, All i can say is WOW/// what a way to start your new season. I am sure things will get better? i wish i were able to join you but i can only dream at this point, I will fill my juzzi tub with nice warm water and get a glass of wine and soak for an hour or so and when i get out i will have to get back to reality and look out my window and see 2 feet of snow in my driveway>>>> yes 2 feet has fallen already today.
    Well at least you are warm and dont have to worry about snow. Oh well back to my dream


    Cheers
    your Buddie
    Donnie

    ReplyDelete