Monday, December 19, 2011

Boat For Sale

Tried of this, one problem after another, Just call it scott luck. Saturday 2,27pm my generator decided it had enough and quit. Well into the {as I now call it} HOLE I must go again.
First check the simple things oil, water, change fuel filter still not working. Well three weeks ago we charged the water temperature switch and I have a spare oil pressure switch so I though that might be the problem.
Well as most of you no that when things are made in Japan they become very small it goes for my generator as well. The pressure switch cannot be removed without taking the new oil filter off. several hours new switch installed and you guessed it nothing notta XXXX Dam you no what was said.
Decide to start the main engine to charge the batterys and guess what the engine started for all of 5 seconds and quit. I tried it several more times and it would  not start. Sooooooooooooo
Phone call to super Kendall
Sunday morning the Dam fridge getting warm Batterys voltage down to 9.8 v something must have been left on.
Super Kendall arrives at 11am and we go to work. First problem decovered was a fuel line leak behind the main engine. Super kendall starts to work on the Generator and by 2pm we are running again. By-passed the switche's rewired the fuel pump along with other things that I don't understand.
So as of Today I am waiting to see if my batterys are xxxx or not. Will know by tomorrow, the generator does not seem to be putting out the total amperage will know better tomorrow.
SO AS I SAY BOAT FOR SALE
But not quit yet
So You want to be a live aboard

16 comments:

  1. WOW I wasn't expecting this one??????I am lost for words. I have to go and mix a (stiff)drink after reading this.
    I am sure you will be looking for another boat? As much as you love the water.
    Keep me posted on what the next move is.

    Donnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scottie,
    Bummer!!!!!! I do not see how so much bad luck can flow into one boat. To bad. I see from the live cam that the wind is still blowing. Anyway have a drink of rum and have another go at it.
    Remember, it is just another day in paradice.

    EWC

    ReplyDelete
  3. things will be OK Scott. Its just a test... you will over come this... Smile
    Dockside

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi scott Mom is trying again I don't know if it's me or this old computer. I sent you an email enstead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was sent so I will try again.that is to bad with the trouble your having, just don't let it get you down and end up getting sick over it. Just think,,,,, you are in the warmth. It is_ 8 here today.Keep your chin up Hon. Will talk soon Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep going now that I have it right. Your birthday is tomorrow so I hope everything turns around for you and the boat problum gets solved. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday for tomorrow, let me know if you got your package. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    Enjoy your day and the rest of 2011 I am sure 2012 will bring you a much better year. Keep the faith and enjoy LIFE to the fullest

    You have been my friend for 20 years and it has been a pleasure working and travelling with you over the past 20 years and lets hope we can still enjoy life like we did many years ago even though we have gotten older, we can still enjoy life and people well into the future.


    Cheers

    BFF Donnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU , HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SCOTT, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...... Hope you have a great day and many more to come, I'll have a Rum with you in thought when I get out of work tonight :) Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Scott Aunt Ruby here,, Just read your blog. You should have been a comedian. I've laughed so hard when I saw the three dingys I peed my pants. Warped sense of humor.. Anyway my love nothing goes wrong forever ...Keepyour chin up. Happy birthday to you. have a glas of wine with me at 5 pm..

    ReplyDelete
  11. scott if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all.. Have a great b'day.. See you in cuba..Love Aunt Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi how is your day going?I sent you an email this morning wishing you a happy birthday, enjoy your day. Love Mom Doug buddy and Checo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Scott and Merry Christmas! See you in two weeks! Jan and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  14. Scott,
    I'm convinced that there's something in the air down there affecting the electronics...... first Dave H. had problems, then our boat started to fall apart and wouldn't charge the batteries(hehehe) and now it's yours...... all with electrical problems. (Bermuda triangle perhaps??) Well, hope you get things straightened out. See you in a couple weeks.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snowing here .... Does that make you feel any better..
    love and merry xmas
    Aunt Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  16. there is a nice one at the dock in Boot Key that would make a very nice dingy...
    Going cheap

    ReplyDelete