Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I made it

Yes folks I made it to Bimini, the Bahamas. But no thanks to NOAA. The weather today was to be perfect but as you no things can change in a hurry. In order to save time I decided to take the shorter route through Government cut and let be tell you it will be the last time. Sea's coming down the cut were running7-8 ft  and I could not turn back so we  pounded into it at 2 kts until outside the entrance and what was to be sea's of 2-3 ft were 4-6 ft with no place to turn we continues on. Esperanza took all it threw at her and skipper with cooler and bucket ( not for vomiting} took it with her. will after the first 3 hours the weather became better sea dropping to the predicted levels and we continues the crossing arriving at Big fish marina at 3.00 pm. Decided to stay two days to check the boat. Change fuel filters and repair the dingy again. I guess caring to many supply back and forth have caused another leak in the floor.
x-mas wish list new dingy..
Will we will be continuing of to Nassau  and see the big city
Esperanza and I are getting along good and I hope it continues the dingy and I its another story.
Jim find me a good 9-10 ft on Craig's list over the summer pleasssssssse
so you want to be a live aboard  YESSSSSSS { when things go right}

4 comments:

  1. Michele and Al - Yacht TarentelaFebruary 16, 2012 at 6:26 AM

    Congratulations on arriving. Hope you have a great time there, as we did many moons ago!! You may run into some friends of ours, both PDQ cats - Feral Cat - Rich Tanner; and Next Exit - Don Wilson. A couple of other sites that I use when making passage are: www.passageweather.com - it gives a weather forecast for 7 days for free; www.buoyweather.com - that is free for a 2 day weather prediction; and www.windguru.com - this is also free for 7 days of weather, however I use it more in the Caribbean, along with NOAA. If the Exumas are anything like when we were there it is a great big party spot with lots of boats. Blog some pictures of the Bahamas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job my friend. I will supply the cooler (12V) for the flying bridge are for sure. You need cold refreshments for sure????

    Take care and enjoy the good life.

    Donnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well congrats,other than the dingy things went well, now you can really enjoy yourself.Rest up and move on. Take care,see you r not so handicapped after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron and Jan are in Black pt. Settlement, in the Exumas. Maybe you meet up with them. Check their blog when u have internet.

    ReplyDelete