Monday, February 6, 2012

Miami at last

At last, Miami Yacht Club {although closed today} 4 days of so,so weather and I have not been off the boat but I made it. Have learned lots about handling the boat by myself over long periods of time. Some I can say on the blog others I will leave for you ask in person. I have learned that handling the anchor is not easy even with the new windles, I cannot see were it is, on the port or starboard from the lower helm so I am placing on my Xmas list a hand held remote. that way I can lower and rise it from the upper helm or from the bow. I will require a small dc cooler for the upper helm for food and water so as not to have to leave the helm.Auto helm is a must for next year and will look for one when I get home. Or just a crew preferably a lady that is retired that can help with expenses as well. As you all no life's plans change and that happens but this cruising is meant for two as was my, our plans. If your plan is to live on a boat in one location is a good life but it's not called  cruising. If anything I have learned in the last 4 days is that I can do it alone, and I am enjoying doing it alone for short period's of time but it is a lot more fun enjoying it with a loved one or a friend or two.
Now that everything is working and I am feeling better
have fun and enjoy life

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear all is so- so well. id love to be part of your crew... im serious.....i would...

    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a real challenge going on your own like that. I hope your not taking on to much. I hope your keeping well. Who will be going with you to the Bahamas? I was just talking to cousin Ray and Annie isn't to well and Ray has a bad cold. I said I would call him in a couple days. Love Mom and Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Buddy,
    Glad to see you are safe. I would LOVE to be there with you for the adventure. We could show people what a good time is all about. WE have had plenty.
    I am planning my trip around the first two weeks of April if that is OK with you.My dates are quite flexible so don't feel you have to change your plans for me.
    Be safe and enjoy what you are doing. I just wish i could be there.

    Donnie

    ReplyDelete