Tuesday, March 6, 2012

10 days and still waiting

Its 10 days and $1000.00 so far and my pressure plate is in Nassau but with the strong NE and 7-10 ft sea's  the boats are not leaving Nassau so have to sit and wait. Well last night and today were spent in the hole my generator quite working last night. I have replaced the filters again but it is not getting fuel. I have sucked and blown in every fuel line but still have not found the problem yet so as of last night I have no engine no generator and no shore power Unless I bypass the new inverter which I don't want to do yet. until I try everything else. Young Simon just came by and my pressure plate is coming into Normans cay by plane tomorrow, the local generation station broke down last night and they had order parts so my parts will come on the same flight.
Never though I would say this but Can't wait to get back to the USA were things are easy to get and repair.
As a note I would not recommend the Magnum Inverter charger system I have less then 4 month on two units and will require the third, and even under warranty it cost $150.00 per replacement and the failure cost even more.
I am sorry for not being able to be more positive on my remarks but it has not been a good year.
If I can make it down next year the boat will be staying at a marina somewhere on the west coast of Florida probably replacing Inverters every two months
Sun,beaches, and warm weather
but not having fun

3 comments:

  1. Looks like your having all kind of trouble, with all these repairs you'll have a new boat. You'll have to put it down to an adventure and learning experience. I am realizing you are a darn good captian of your boat. Hopefully you will have clear sailing from here on. Danny leaves 1 week from tomorrow. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of places in the USA, and indeed Canada to do lots of boating...consider the great loop, or find a nice warm area, and stay there, go to the beaches, soak up the sun, etc etc. Try and stay positive, things do get better.
    I will send you an email regarding some other news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be able to reminisce over a Rum when i get down for a visit. Keep the faith things can only get better.

    You are just going through a learning curve...

    Donnie

    ReplyDelete