Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Not going to fast

Left Nassau this moring weather calling for light winds and sea 3-4ft from the east would make for a good run with the seas on the starboard quarter.
But when I left the seas were north right on the beam at 5-6 ft so had to turn back to safe harbour.
Found a anchorage and see what tomorrow brings. I never though I would see FOG down here. did not last long but you could not see across the harbour. Not like our fog but still fog. Talked to my good buddy donnie from NFLD for about a hour and I am feeling better, he is sitting in -47deg with wind chill. so I guess i still have it pretty good. He will be joining me in Miami for 2 weeks. We will do some fishing and cruise down the Keys. Will be good to have some company and someone to talk to..
Esperanza does not talk back just kicks me now and then

3 comments:

  1. I am having a hard time feeling sorry for you, haha. It is snowing here!!!!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scottie;

    Check for a boat named "Big Run", he left the same time you did fron Nassau but experienced the same weather and also had transimission problems and had to be towed back to Nassau so he is somwhear in the same habour you are anchored. You know misery loves company---- HaHaHa. Good luck and see you soon.

    M/W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that Donnie is coming down to be with you for a bit, there is nothing like "buddy" company. Sorry that Tina and I can't be there,big trip this summer. In any case take it easy, lots of time on your side.
    Be well, stay safe, be happy, and like Tina says 'don't sweat the small stuff", but I guess your stuff was "large". See you back in Canada.

    ReplyDelete