Monday, October 25, 2010

Weather

It looks like another delay; weather has not been our friend. Winds gusting 25k and 4-5 ft seas for the next 3 days.  When we talk about 4 ft seas it does not sound like a lot but let me tell you down here it’s like hitting a wall every 3 seconds. The tide against the wind the current against the tide, makes for very confusing seas. With all the delays I had to get our new friend Buddy to drive me to Wal-Mart before leaving Chesapeake City I had to get some warm closes. Thinking we would be further south by now I didn’t bring a good supply of warmer stuff. But you can feel the temperature changing as we get a little farther south each day. As lane mention we filled up with fuel yesterday. With engine and generator we are burning 3.53 gallon per hour. About half the time we had to run at 2400rpm against the currents 3 to 5 knots. When we get into to ICW I would guess the fuel burn will be better. But the present rate is real good. All we can do now is put the tender in the water and enjoy Solomon’s Island for the next three days.

5 comments:

  1. you are right about the weather delays. All you can do is just realize no matter where you are its better than being at home going to work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I can deal with that about work. Hoped to catch up to Sweet Pea, ut not at this rate.
    Winds are pretty high even at the anchorage. We must be in a flight path to Norfork, lots of fighter jets going by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are living your dream,,, I wish i could be there.

    Maybe i will wait for Antigua,,,

    Friend Forever

    Donnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well guys what else is new, the weather hasn't been on your side since you left.Don't mind telling you both its getting friggin cold here.Hope you get movin soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youre the wrong side of the pond I sugges, glorius sunshine 18 by day and 14 by night, I am in my shorts right now and it is only 8:00 am.
    If navigation skills are correct if you set a course of about 80 East once you get out of the bay you should eventually get here to the warmer weather !
    Richard

    ReplyDelete